I went on vacation, and then I came back and edits and $payingJob ate my brain. (And other things too.) Edits are hard work. Edits where I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do about things are even worse. The fixing of Easter Lilies
is proving to be just about as difficult as I expected, though I know it will be a better story in the end.
However, the second story set in the House of the Mad Russian gained about 1000 words this evening, and more importantly, gained a solid end. Finally knowing what I was doing at the end really helped, and after a lovely celebratory dinner with the Fabulous Margaret
I came home and proceeded to blat out on the order of 1100 words.
There is one scene left to write, and then BRAWL can have it and tell me it sucks. But compared to all the pain and suffering I went through trying to figure out what to do about fixing The Popinjay's Daughter
to make it suck less, I think this one will suck in new and hopefully interesting ways.
And for once, I hope to have my BRAWL piece done early so I can go back to my blasted editing.